Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Grangeville
PLEASE NOTE: THIS PROGRAM HAS PRE-REQUISITES
Becoming a CNA is a wonderful opportunity for immediate work, endless growth potential, and a life-long career in the healthcare industry. This 140-hour hybrid class includes online assignments, in-person practice by attending skills labs, and clinical experience at local health care facilities. Completion of this course makes students eligible for the Idaho Nurse Assistant exams. Program hours: 48 classroom/lab, 44 online, 8 CPR, 40 clinical.
STUDENT REQUIREMENTS – In order to enroll in this program, you must:
1. Be 16 years of age – verification may be required
PREREQUISITES - Completion of the prerequisites is required before you can officially enroll in this program. Add your name to the waiting list. Once all of your documents have been received by Workforce Training and approved, you will be contacted to proceed with the registration process.
1. Proof of immunizations - Immunizations are required for students who want to enroll in this program due to contractual agreements with agencies and facilities that are used to complete clinical hours. Immunization Check Off List
2. Background Check - How to Complete Your Background Check - If your employer or other entity is paying for your background check, it is required to be completed in person at Workforce Training. To schedule your appointment please call use at 208-792-2388.
3. Photo - Professional-quality headshot
DEADLINE to complete prerequisites
Class Start Date
August 26, 2022
If prerequisites are not submitted and approved by the deadline, Workforce Training of LC State reserves the right to transfer students from their current waitlisted course to the next available course waitlist until all required prerequisites have been received and approved.
Records can be submitted via:
Fax to 208-792-2680
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In-person or mail to:
1920 3rd Avenue North
Lewiston, Idaho 83501
Additional Purchases that are REQUIRED for the CNA Program:
1. Background check - $62
2. Immunizations - Prices may vary.
3. LC State Parking Pass - If class is any time between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, you will need a pass to park in any of the campus parking lots. Parking passes are purchased through LC State Campus Security. Free parking is available on the streets surrounding campus as long as they are not posted as Residential Only.
4. Analog wrist watch - (with a 2nd hand, you can find at Walmart, online, or 2nd hand stores)
5. Gait Belt - order through Amazon or try Walmart
6. Scrubs - any solid dark color, but preferably blue or black (required for the 9th class session), several stores in the valley or can order through Amazon
7. Shoes - Appropriate clean shoes (tennis shoes, nursing shoes), no boots or sandals.
8. Idaho State Nursing Assistant Manual Skills Exam - $65 per attempt (your first test attempt is paid for. If you fail your first try, you will be responsible to pay the fee of additional attempts).
9. Idaho State Nursing Assistant Written Exam - $50 per attempt (taken after course completion and after passing the Idaho State Nursing Assistant Manual Skills Exam)
There are no scheduled sessions at this time. Sign up to be notified when this course is available.